A comprehensive rehabilitation program is key to coping with pulmonary disease. At MedStar Montgomery Medical Center we develop a program tailored to your unique needs delivered by a team of nurses and exercise physiologists experienced in pulmonary rehabilitation. We combine advanced medical technology, sophisticated diagnostics and a multi-disciplinary approach to create a program that works for you.
What can you expect from our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program?
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a comprehensive program of exercise and education that is designed for your personal needs. The goal is to improve the quality of life for those with chronic respiratory impairment. A typical program lasts eight weeks. In that time you will learn techniques and exercises to manage your respiratory symptoms and conserve energy. Sessions are held three times a week and each lasts approximately one hour.
- Participants learn techniques and exercises to manage respiratory symptoms and conserve energy.
- The warm-up, conditioning, strengthening and cool down emphasize proper breathing techniques.
- Each session is supervised by professionals skilled in both exercise training and pulmonary care.
- Heart rate and oxygen levels are monitored throughout each session.
- Oxygen is provided if needed.
- Referring physicians are updated on each participant's progress.
Who can Participate in Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
You can benefit from pulmonary rehabilitation if you have any of the following:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Surgery
- Lung Cancer
- Other pulmonary diagnoses may be covered by some non-Medicare insurances
Where is Pulmonary Rehabilitation Located?
It is located on the 2nd floor of the hospital across from the cafeteria.
Who Conducts the Program?
Our team of highly trained professionals, including RN's, Therapists, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Exercise Specialists and MD's is there to provide you with exceptional care.